Becoming One of Those....


Growing up I never liked to read...you wanna know how much I hated reading? My favorite book that I have ever read that I remotely enjoyed was "Treasure Island." Yea, not into reading AT ALL. So Larry mentioned to me the other day that he read in one of his books that the two things in life that make you who you are, are the people you know and the books you read.

Well, that still wasn't inspiring enough for me to go pick up a book, more less made me want to go eat a tub of ice cream.

So Larry had to bribe me just a little bit to start reading. I am now on my 5th book (which I started reading 2 weeks ago!) and believe it or not, they don't have any pictures in them! They are actually adult books with tons of pages and words!

And now I have to admit, I am learning to like (not love yet) reading!

So if you are a book worm (and sadly I will admit I believe I'm becoming one of those) and you know of a book that you just LOVED reading, I'll take any suggestions! Although I have always heard that reading causes your eye site to start fading... or maybe that was reading in the dark! My eye site is PERFECT right now so if it starts fading, I'll have a good excuse to quit!

Here are the books I have read so far...



4 comments:

The Vernon's said...

Karen Kingsbury's books are really easy to read (inspirational fiction). Francine Rivers' 'Redeeming Love' is an amazing book.. a little hard to get started, but worth it! But definitely Karen Kingsbury is a good place to start.. great stories, and uplifting. I'm not a big reader either.. I have "fad reading" times... but I have 14 of her books!

Heidi said...

Francine Rivers - Mark of the Lion series, and Redeeming Love. They are AWESOME...like can't put them down good! :)

The Wagner Family said...

You crack me up ~ "no pictures in them!"

Unknown said...

Hey I love Lori Wicks books, they are Christian Romance and they are great. I love to read, I will let you know if I come across anything else good. Oh Nicholas Sparks (he wrote the Notebook) he is really good too.