4 Miles and Pumpkin Dessert Squares...

When I'm on the treadmill running, I have to admit, I have second thoughts about this half marathon thing. I say to myself "what are you thinking?" This is only going to get harder and hurt a lot more as I run longer.
I have figured out that dropping 10 lbs makes it a lot easier for some reason to run. I don't know if it just helps having the extra lbs off or what but it doesn't hurt quite as bad-hey whatever helps cuz I know Larry isn't going to let me quit! Wrights Never Quit!

Yes!! Saturday I hit my FOUR MILE mark!! I don't know if I have ever ran that long of distance before. I don't think I have though...

Okay, last night we had a ladies get together at the Pittman's home and Susan made these yummo pumpkin bars... no I didn't eat one-are you SHOCKED? She even made her famous humungous chocolate chip cookies and I didn't even have one of them... instead I brought two home for Larry and watched him eat every.last.bite.

This recipe is from Williams-Sonoma and I heard from everyone that they were very delicious-if Susan uses the reipe, you know they're good!

Pumpkin Dessert Squares
1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
13 ounces pumpkin butter (specifically 1 13-oz. jar of pumpkin pecan butter)
3 eggs
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.
Reserve 1 cup of cake mix and set aside.
Mix remaining cake with with 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 egg. Press mixture lightly into the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish.
Mix one jar of pumpkin pecan butter with remaining two eggs and milk, and pour over cake mixture in pan.
Mix remaining 1 cup cake mix with flour, sugar, remaining 1/4 cup butter, and cinnamon, and crumble over the top of the pumpkin layer.
Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden.
Cool to room temp and serve.

1 comments:

The Tranthams said...

Yummy! Those Pumpkin Bars look good even though I have not been craving sweets! Might just have to try those for the hubby :)