Tonight...

Well tonight "our" (Larry's) favorite show starts back up-24! I'm not sure I'm ready for this considering my nails are looking great right now. I'm sure by the end of the two hours they probably won't be there no more.

It's nasty and rainy here today. My hair went flat as soon as I stepped outside. Not cool.

Many people have asked me if I'm scared about Larry leaving. My answer is "naw not at all!" Being in the ministry is the safest place for us to be in. Larry will be safer in Papua New Guinea than he will be here the next two weeks. They won't be in any "danger" spots. When we plan for these trips, we are careful to stay away from anything that could be life-threatening.

There is this story of a missionary and his family who were on a foreign field-not sure where. But things had gotten hard on them, there were snakes and bugs there and they just couldn't handle it. They came back to the US to work just a secular job ( I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM WITH SECULAR JOBS, just so you don't think I do). Well, his child had gotten bitten by a snake in their year, so they threw him in the car to take him to the hospital. Pulling out of the driveway, they ran over their other child.

Being in CENTER of God's will is the safest place to be.

I'm VERY excited for Larry and Kenneth to go to Papua New Guinea and am very happy for them. I will miss them but it's only 11 days! I'll keep myself busy!

img_1932.jpg

Check out this bug. This picture is from the missionary's website. Their barbecue variety bug. It's over a foot long!!! Yikes. Hope he don't find one of these in his bed!!

2 comments:

Ashley Smyth said...

when i saw that bug i cringed. im still cringing and i am not lookin anymore.

Our Family said...

Praying for you and Larry. Love your wisdom of not being safer anywhere else!