K.Leigh Photography on FB!

Faith. Family. Photography.

That's my life. And I LOVE it.

#1
My faith in Jesus Christ.I thank God every day for saving me from an eternal life in hell. I'm even more passionate about the lost now more than I've ever been. There are several things I want to do different in 2013. I didn't make resolutions, I more less call them a simple word-CHANGE. I pray for those who are lost that through my testimony, they see Christ and want to know how He's changed my life.

Since moving here, God has just done a great work in my heart. He's changed my thoughts and attitude towards others. For the past 7 years I was so judgmental and so prideful. I am thankful for God working in me. So grateful for how He brought us to a place where I'm learning and growing and so desperately want to love Him more. Our church motto Love God, Love People, Reach the world is still engrained in me every. single. day.

#2
Family.
I love my little family God has blessed me with. For five years it was just Larry and I. I wouldn't take back a day or trade a second of those 5 years. When Mariah entered our lives, I saw just a small glimpse of God's love for us as His children. And to imagine that His love is even GREATER than that?  Unimaginable. I love the time that we can spend as a family serving God. Teaching her to love others like He does. Teaching her that sacrificing our time for those who need it more than we do at the moment is pleasing to Him. She's just 15 months old and yet, she's learning so much already. I'm so thankful for the training we gained and have carried from our previous ministry.

#3
Photography.

About four years ago I purchased a DSLR camera and Larry told me to "read the manual". I remember getting this right before going to junior camp and I took my manual with me on the trip, read the first few pages and put it down for the next four years. For the past year I have been trying to figure out which way to go about learning photography. For me, it wasn't just picking up the THOUSAND page (ok not really) manual and just "getting it". That's not how my brain worked. at . all. I kept asking Larry "do you think I can do it?" and he said "I know you can". That's all I needed to hear (even though he told me that about 10 times), one night it just clicked. So for the past 3 months I have been spending every free second I could learning, researching and seriously praying! I'm definitely not the brightest Crayola in the box and I think that's what held me back for so long thinking that I "just couldn't do it". But it's something I have a passion for and I absolutely enjoy it.  I have a LONG ways to go, it's something that I will continue to learn until I "retire" the camera.

God has laid on my heart to use my skills not only in every day normal shoots, but for something bigger. I'm hoping to share that with you in the near future. Reading in Matthew this morning, chapter 6  verse 19 & 20 popped out in a different way than before. "But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:  For where you treasure is, there will you heart be also." We are to live every day for Heaven and sometimes I just forget that!

So hop on over to your FB page and check us out at K.Leigh Photography. I just officially "opened" it two days ago.  The name I picked is simple, K standing for my name and Leigh is my middle name. LIKE us on FB! I have my first giveaway for a Starbucks gift card to one of my fans this week. I'll be picking the winner on Friday!









1 comments:

Our Family said...

I'm just jealous you're so far away and I can't benefit from your awesome skills!