Every Hour, Every Day

I've got it good, I mean too good. I sit here wanting to write a post and I don't know how to narrow it down on exactly what I want to write. I could take so many rabbit trails but I won't!

Last week it was a year ago that we left our home in Sterling to start the next phase in our life. We went on a 3 week vacation after we moved everything into our new home and before starting our new ministry (which was one of the best decisions we ever made) to clear our minds and most importantly, our hearts.  So often I am reminded at how incredibly blessed I am just alone, with who I am married to. A lot of wives out there say "I have the best husband in the world" and don't really believe it or just say if flippantly. But I REALLY and truly do know that Larry is one of the smartest, and most hardest working men on this planet. I seriously do not say that because he's my husband. I say it because it's true. The wisdom that God has given him is beyond me. And sometimes I feel "guilty" that I'm the one that married him. Almost like there was somebody out there that deserved him WAY more than I did. 

God has been so good to us-in some ways I can't share right now but maybe one day I can and I hope that one day will be soon! 

I look through my pictures trying to figure out which picture would go best with this post. And I found the one.


 This picture sums it all up. The joy she has brought into our lives is sweet. Her smile melts my heart and her laugh is so contagious. 

We moved here when Mariah was 4 months old. We moved at the most perfect time. Sometimes I look at Mariah as a miracle. I don't know if she will be the only child God ever gives us (we would like more though:) but I think about the timing in which God gave her to us. We began praying for the next place God would have us to go a couple of years before Mariah was born knowing that it would be harder for Larry to pastor a church without us having any experience in the parenting department. But at the same time, we wanted to wait at least 5 years before trying for a child. Skipping ahead, while I was pregnant we put our name in at a church in NC but God didn't open that door. So we just decided to wait until Mariah was born and that's when the door flew open. God's timing was perfect in bringing her into our lives and moving us to Raphine. We have enjoyed every minute with her. Most importantly, I'm thankful I'm able to be home with her every hour of every day. A blessing I don't take for granted. 

2 comments:

The Vernon's said...

Kara, Mariah could NOT be any cuter! What a precious smile!

Kara Wright said...

Awww thank you so much Kellan!