I'm Hooked!


Well, my weekend was exciting!(I'm becoming such a nerd)

Several times I have tried to use coupons but have given up because I have absolutely NO TIME in my life to sit down, cut them out, make out a list,figure out if I'm really going to save money buying that particular brand with the coupon, and go to the store before the coupon expires and actually use them. So I have just gone to Wal-Mart and gotten most of their own brand because it was the cheapest anyways.

Well, I am here to tell you, I have found a reason to motivate me to use coupons-when they are either free or DIRT CHEAP! I'm not going to go into great detail to explain it because moneysavingmom.com is where I got all of my information from and where I read where I can find the deals. I have actually started using ECBs (Extra Care Bucks) at CVS! I had no idea about this until I read moneysavingmom.com. So you probably already know about all this and I'm just way behind on the coupon world but just humor me. I must admit, I THRIVE off of this website now! I have put so much of this to good use. Here are just a few things I bought on my weekend shopping trip but to see more, go to the website and read all of the deals she posts everyday:

Triple coupons this weekend at Bloom:
6 pack of yogurt
1 lb. of fresh green beans
3 bags of noodles
1 pack of onion crisper's
TOTAL: $3.25!!! I was thrilled!

Now my CVS trip (I made two different trips but I combined it here)
4 tubes of toothpaste
2 bottles of mouthwash
1 bottle of aspirin
power drink thing (I just got this because it was free after ECBs)
3 bottles of body wash
12 pack of toilet paper
1 bag of Dove chocolate (my favorite chocolate candy in the world)

Total:$7.50!!! And left with 6 ECBs for my next trip!

Now, I got all this so cheap through using rebates, coupons, and my ECBs at CVS. Larry has to help me think through it all since I'm just learning the system but it's DEFINITELY worth it! I'm hoping to get more organized to where it's loads of fun, which it is now but it's a bit overwhelming still. If you don't know anything about the ECB system at CVS, google it or go to the website I recommended-every week she posts what you can get the most for your money and some thing FREE-now that's what I like!

I usually go twice a month to do my grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and both trips combined I spend my budget for the month. I'm trying to cut my food budget in half, so far I'm starting week three so I'm halfway through my month. We'll see if I can make it. So here's my plan:

-Go to Wal-Mart 1x a month
-Hit CVS every week with my ECBs-CVS is less than a minute from my house,otherwise
I don't think I would have the time to go every week.

Basically, wherever there are good deals, whether at Target, Walgreens, Bloom, or CVS-I'm there! I just keep thinking to myself, the more I save the quicker I we can get into a single family home!!

0 comments: