Hurricane Ivan...


It was 5 years ago (September 15) that hurricane Ivan hit down in Pensacola when I was in school there. I can't believe it's been 5 years! I had been through a couple of hurricanes but nothing like that one. They had locked us in our dorms for the night knowing it would bad but I don't think they knew it was going to be as bad as it was. I was roommates with one of my best friends Julie and suitemates with my other best friend Angela. They made us all go out in the hallway through the night since our rooms had windows and let me tell you-THAT HALLWAY STUNK LIKE NONE OTHER!!!! It was a bunch of sweaty, stinky, morning breath girls in that hallway and we were jam packed! I remember it like it was yesterday. The sound of the bottom floor (which was all glass) being busted and the rain pouring in was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Then the next morning when the sun came out (isn't that funny how it always looks so nice and clear after a big storm?) we went out and saw the incredible damage that was done!!! Wow! And that day I will never forget since it hit the night before my birthday-that was probably the worst birthday I had since we were stuck on campus the entire day with nothing in the world to do! The college did a great job with keeping all of the students safe but man, I don't think I'd like to go through that again!

0 comments: