It's Almost Cold Enough for a Fire!

Growing up until I was 13 years old we had a fireplace. I love love love fireplaces!! They just give you that cozy little feeling! And they just remind me of the house I grew up in. Well in our townhouse, we have one, a real one!!! I love Christmas time because I decorate that bad boy up and down! I love it!


So yesterday on the way home I told Larry it was almost cold enough for a fire so we might try to do one this weekend. It's supposed to be cold and rainy so it'll be perfect for one!! Maybe I'll finally bring down my fall decor and set it out. Here is Larry eating a smore. We even roast marshmellows in the fireplace.

Thanks to all of ya'll who participated in the drawing for the Starbucks g-card! No, it wasn't rigged, I just pulled the first name out and it happened to be my SIL. Now, Tammy I can mark you off of my Christmas list of people to buy for! :) See, we both benefitted from it-actually Adam did too since he'll be using it! I will be having another one next month for Thanksgiving time!!

Okay, these things are the greatest thing EVER invented, except for the fact that dogs don't like them. Well, Sedona doesn't. They are great to take on trips or even to use in your house instead of having the big wire kennel but I think dogs are scared of them. Has anyone ever gotten one and your dog just loved it? Sedona flips it over and is scared of it. I'm surprised we even got this picture of her in it.

This year we will be spending Christmas with Larry's parents. This picture was my first Christmas with the Wright family. I remember when Larry and I were dating-one night over Christmas we were talking on the phone and he was telling me how many presents they have around the tree and how it takes them all day to open the presents. Then I got to experience it for the first time and wow, was it a lot of fun!


1 comments:

Katie said...

Kara ~ I LOVE fires, too. ; )

Thank you so much for praying for me.