Celestial Pumpkins...


When we were on vacation and watching TONS of TV, eating, then watching more TONS of TV, I saw these on a commercial and thought they were SO neat to try and do. I haven't yet tried it and can't promise I will but I thought I would share it with ya'll!


Step 1

Turn a pumpkin on its side, and use a knife to carve out a circular opening in the bottom. Make the opening large enough so your hand can fit comfortably through it. Use a spoon to remove the flesh and seeds. With a serrated loop tool, scrape away the pumpkin's inner wall until it's about 1/4 inch thick. Turn the pumpkin right side up.



Step 2

Drill holes using a 1/4-inch bit; use tape as a guide for a uniform pattern, or make randomly spaced holes.



Step 3

Insert a string of lights through the bottom, and place one bulb in each hole, pushing the bulbs through so they protrude slightly. Tuck the remaining lights into the pumpkin, and turn the pumpkin right side up with the light string's plug running out from the bottom.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

What an AWESOME and BEAUTIFUL idea!! I definitely want to try this (but maybe next year...I've got too many projects on my plate at the moment...not sure I can add another..you know? lol!) Thanks for sharing! :)

Kara Wright said...

I know!! That's the only reason I'm not sure I'm going to do it but I def want to try it next year!

Larry had a good time getting to catch up with Mike the other day at lunch! Wish ya'll could have come and I would have come too :)

LadyD Piano said...

Great idea. Thanks so much for sharing. I love the light glowing! :)

Michelle said...

I know! It would've been so much fun to see you!!!