She's a Sweet Thang




I was reminded today that it was "Office Administrator's Day" by a friend on FB. I have to say, I  had a big smile on my face today. I'm getting to celebrate Mother's Day this year instead of Secretary's Day. How excited that made me feel.

I haven't just sat and blogged in a while about how good it is to be a mom. I realize how fast Mariah is growing up and until you actually have a child of your own, you won't fully understand, THEY DO GROW UP FAST. It's not just something people say to make conversation, it's literally true. 

Like when people tell you when you're pregnant to get as much sleep now because when the baby comes, you wish you had it?? Yes, that's also EXTREMELY true and until you are actually in that, you won't understand. 

I have to say how thankful I am that Mariah has been sleeping through the night since she was about 10 weeks old. I don't really remember a lot about the sleepless nights except there were tears shed, naps taken when possible, and thoughts of "man I wish she would grow out of this stage". I think God allowed her to start sleeping through the night so early so that I would want to have another one. And yes, I do want another one. I see pregnant women and I miss being pregnant SO bad. It's just amazing to me how we as women can grow a little human inside. How do people NOT believe in God?? It's pretty sad that they don't. I pity them, really, I do.

I was talking to my mother-in-law yesterday and telling her how I look forward to all the new things Mariah is now doing. She's learning how to use her hands so much now. She's finally realized that she can take her bows off of her head. So we're working at leaving them on which is taking a little discipline. Yes, I said discipline. She's 6 months old and she's learning the word "no". Even though she can't fully comprehend everything I tell her, one day after she has heard it for the 100th time, it'll click. I will say I believe I have a good baby-thank you Lord. We are blessed. So blessed.

 This is Landon. He's one of our officers in our church. He came by one day and gave Mariah a badge and patch. So I had my mom make her a bow out of it and I ironed her patch on to a onsie.


 I like making sandwiches with daddy. He's a good sandwich maker!

Thank you Mr. Landon for coming by and taking pictures with me. You're the best!


0 comments: